Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Enigmatic... TASKMASTER









Hey all!

I'll tell ya'... the Avengers don't have very many cool arch enemies. I mean, the different incarnations of the Masters of Evil and the Lethal Legion gave them a fair challenge. Ultron rocked. But the Plant Man? The Grim Reaper? Egghead? The Space Phantom? Baron Zemo? C'mon... are these the challenges that no one super hero can face? I think not. The Taskmaster on the other hand... now that guy was cool! He could duplicate the athletic and martial abilities of the Avengers AND he looked scary as hell! Add to that a complete arsenal of duplicate weapons and you've got one hell of a cool villain! So cool in fact that after George Perez co- created him he left Marvel for DC and re- created him over there (except this time they called him Deathstroke the Terminator)!
Anyway, I've been working on this guy on and off for sometime and only just got him finished. The head was sculpted over a year ago, but after months of switching out bodies I finally settled on Captain America. This base is the alternate reality version so not only did all of the torso detail have to be sanded off and the abdominals resculpted, but I had to sculpt the boot cuffs and glove scallops as well. He was a lot of work, but I enjoyed him thoroughly. I hope you do as well! Comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment